David Sancious is one of the most talented and sought after keyboard players in the music industry. Just off a recent tour with Sting, David is back in his studio completing his ninth album entitled “The Treehouse Sessions”. His other most recent recordings include "9 Piano Improvisations", "Cinema" and "Live in The Now".
David has always been inspired and motivated by the composing aspect of music. He thinks of himself as a composer who plays well, rather than a person who is proficient on a given instrument. His recordings have attracted the attention of artists the world over.
Since his first big break as a member of the original Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band in the 70’s David has also worked with Peter Gabriel, Eric Clapton, Santana, Jeff Beck, Seal, Yousou Ndour, Zucchero, Francis Dunnery, Aretha Franklin and many others over the years, David is admired and referred to by many as a ‘Musician’s Musician”. David has used his talents as a pianist, synthesist, guitarist, arranger, and producer on recording sessions and concert tours, playing an eclectic and diverse range of music.
David, who has played with Sting, on and off, for the past twenty years joined a strong line up of musicians at Sting’s 60th birthday bash at New York's Beacon Theater. The charity event featured a stacked lineup where David reunited with Bruce Springsteen and accompanied Lady Gaga, Billy Joel, Stevie Wonder, Herbie Hancock, Rufus Wainwright, Mary J. Blige and will.i.am and others – all covering Sting's songs.
David describes his music as a mixture of harmony and melody from the jazz and classical traditions, combined with rhythms from the rock and R&B tradition.
- Jazz News
- NY Times -2005
- Jazz Corner
- The Sun
- Central Maine
- Hudson Valley One
- Broadway World
- NY Times
- The Smithsonian
- The Art of Synth Soloing: David Sancious
- Bruce Springsteen: How the E Street Band got its name
- Virtual Ticket video - Sting and David discuss their working relationship and what it's like to be back on the road together
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Award Ceremony 2014:
- Rolling Stone- April 11
- Rolling Stone - April 10
- Rolling Stone - photos
- Chronicle Live
- Stamford Advocate
- USA Today
- Huffington Post
- Sting and Peter Gabriel: The ‘Tantric Twins’ Stretch Out in New York- 93 XRT
- Photos: Sting, Peter Gabriel Play Rock Paper Scissors At The Verizon Center -dcist
- David Sancious: playing ‘Rock Paper Scissors’ with Sting and Peter Gabriel - AXS
- New York Post - PDF (1.68MB)
- David plays at Sting's 60th birthday
- Anti Music
- Asbury Park Press
- The Vancouver Sun
- Songwriter's Monthly
- Yamaha Entertainment Group of America
- Yamaha Magazine PDF (683 KB)
- David Sancious Live in Winthrop, Maine